If any of the details of the “deal of the century” presented by Al Midan are true, a major political earthquake is about to hit the Middle East
Lebanese Al-Midan TV is reporting (as quoted by the Israeli news resource hamal.co.il) that it has obtained the outline of president Trump’s “deal of the century” plan for the final settlement of the Israeli Palestinian conflict. According to this outline, there will be a trilateral agreement among Israel, Fatah (PLO), and Hamas, which will result in the formation of a state called “New Palestine” on the territories of Judea, Samaria, and Gaza, excluding those upon which there are existing Jewish settlements.
Across the territories known as the West Bank (Judea and Samaria) Arabs will not be permitted to buy Jewish real estate and Jews will not be permitted to buy Arab real estate.
Jerusalem will not be divided, but its Arab residents will become citizens of New Palestine. Jerusalem city hall will be responsible for all services across the entire city, with the exception of education in Arab neighborhoods, which will be provided by New Palestine.
The holy sites in Jerusalem will maintain their autonomous status.
In Gaza, Egypt will allocate lands for the construction of an airport as well as for other commercial uses.
A freeway will be constructed between the Gaza Strip and the Palestinian controlled territories in Judea and Samaria. Construction will also allow for a fresh water pipe to be laid between the two areas.
Thirty billion US dollars will be allocated towards this peace deal over a period of five years by the US, the EU, and the Gulf states.
New Palestine will not be allowed to maintain a military and Israel will undertake to defend it against all military aggression, provided that New Palestine pays for said protection.
The agreement will be implemented in stages as follows:
- Hamas will disarm and deliver its arms to Egypt
- Hamas members will start receiving salaries from Arab states
- Gaza borders will be opened to international trade via Egyptian and Israeli crossings and via the sea
- After one year, there will be an election for the government of New Palestine, in which any citizen thereof would be able to vote and stand for election
- A year after the election, all Palestinians currently in Israeli prisons will be released in an orderly and phased fashion
- A new airport will be built in New Palestine within five years, but until that time the new state will be able to make use of Israeli airports
- Borders between Israel and New Palestine will remain open to the movement of people and goods alike
- A Chinese company will construct a land bridge between the Palestinian territories in Gaza and in Judea and Samaria, no less than 30 meters (100 feet) above ground
- The Jordan River Valley will remain in Israel, while Highway 90 that now transects it will be expanded to four lanes, two for Israel and two for Palestine
In the event of Palestinians rejecting the deal, the US will stop all financial support for the Palestinians and do its best to stop others from supporting them.
If Israel rejects the deal, the US will stop its financial support for Israel.
Finally, the deal mandates the transfer of the supervision of Islamic holy sites in Jerusalem from Jordan to Saudi Arabia.
- Market Roars Over China Trade Progress And Optimism Trump Will Prevail Over Fake Impeachment, Positive Housing Data
- Obama Dreamed Of Destroying The United States, But Ended Up Just Destroying The Democratic Party