As the battle lines between mainstream Sunni Arabs and Iranian Sunni flunkies harden, Saudi Arabia and Egypt sanction Hamas and its leader
As we have reported here previously, Ismail Haniyeh, the Gaza dictator and the head of the terrorist Hamas organization recently traveled to Iran to attend the funeral of the arch-terrorist Qassem Soleimani and to meet with hid successor, all in defiance of the express wishes of Egyptian president A-Sissi. Today, Egypt and Saudi Arabia announced a number of retaliatory measures against Hamas. There include:
- Blacklisting by Saudi Arabia of Ismail Haniyeh personally and the Hamas political office generally. Hamas functionaries will not be able to enter Saudi Arabia and the negotiations for the release of Hamas personnel imprisoned in the kingdom will be terminated.
- Egypt has asked the UN representatives to inform Hamas that the number of trucks allowed to cross into Gaza from Egypt will be cut and goods intended for Hamas functionaries will be subject to further sanctions.
- The Egyptian press has been given the green light to resume attacking the Hamas on its pages.
- Egyptian intelligence has been ordered to do what it can to restrict the freedom of movement of Hamas functionaries across the globe.
- The negotiations for the release of Hamas terrorists currently imprisoned in Egypt have been put on hold.